What is CPCT Full Form in Maths ?
CPCT Full form in Maths is Corresponding Parts of Congruent Triangle. It means if two triangles are congruent then all the properties of these two triangles are equal. That means the corresponding parts of one triangle is equal to the corresponding parts of another triangle. Corresponding parts both angles and length of the sides of both the triangle are equal .
So from CPCT Full form in maths , it is clear that Corresponding Parts of congruent triangles are equal . Here the corresponding parts referred to the length of the sides of the triangles and angles of the triangles. So from the above it is clear that both the triangles are mirror image of each other.
Read More :SEBI Full Form : Powers and Functions
Important Points on Corresponding Parts of Congruent Triangles ( CPCT Full form in maths):
From the CPCT Full form in maths , it is clear that the two triangles are congruent, which shows two important points
- The two triangles have same size
- The two triangles have same shape
From these above two points it is also clear that the two triangles have some basic properties like
- The length of the each corresponding sides of the two triangles are equal
- The degree measurement of each corresponding angles of two triangles are also equal
When the two triangles are Congruent ? 4 Points on CPCT
The two triangles are to be congruent if the following methods are to be considered as correct . Or we have to test following four methods one by one to know whether the two triangles are congruent by the means of Corresponding parts of Congruent Triangles (CPCT Full Form in Maths ). These four tests to know whether these triangles are congruent or not are
- SSS Test ( SIDE -Side – Side)– That means 3 sides of a triangle are equal to the 3 sides of another triangle.
- SAS Test ( Side -Angle – Side) – In this test we use Two sides along with a angle between two sides of a triangles must be equal to the other two sides and an angle with in two angles of a triangle.
- ASA Test ( Angle-Side-Angle)– In this case one side and its two adjacent angles of a triangle are equal to the other parts of the corresponding side and adjacent two angles.
- AA test (Angle-Angle) – Here two angles of a triangle will be equal to the corresponding two angles of the another triangle.
Read More : Click Here