Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana :
As all of us know that the corona virus pandemic broken the economic conditions of the people. To overcome this economic disaster, government of India introduced a new scheme during lockdown period. This scheme is know as Pradhan Mantri Garib kalyan yojana also know as PM Kalyan Yojana. It is introduced to help the poor people by providing them some financial benefit.
PM Narendra Modi, induced this PM Garib kalyan yojana soon after the imposition of national wise lockdown. The lockdown imposed on March 24, PM Modi announced a sum of Rs. 1.70 Lakh crore for the poor people under this scheme.
In a recent announcement from the government of India, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana extended till november 2020. By this major announcement over eighty crore people of India will get benefit of 5 Kg of wheat or Five Kg of rice per month. The family members also get one kg of Chana for every month until the date. Government of India will bear all the expenses under this Garib Kalyan Yojana. The approximate extra cost is around Rs. 90,000 crore.
Additional Read : Meftal spas tablet – Uses, composition, side effects and price
The main purpose of this Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana is to provide financial benefits to the poor. Under this scheme the people get many central and state level benefits which are given below;
- Under this Garib Kalyan scheme more than 80 crore people will be covered. That is two-third of the Indian population come under this Yojana.
- More than 80 crore of people will get Five kg of wheat or rice till November 2020. Each member of the family has got this benefit.
- Total cost of this scheme is almost Rs. 1.5 lakh crore by adding the extra amount of Rs. 90,000 crore. The additional Rs. 90,000 crore has to be spent till November 2020.
- An employment opportunity has also to be provided to the poor. This includes an amount of Rs. 50,000 crore to be spent under this scheme.
- Under PM Kisan Yojana the farmers also get Rs.2000 as per their first installment due in 2020-21. It will cover around 8.7 crore farmers.
- By Ujjwal yojana the 8 crore poor people also get free LPG cylinders in free of cost.
- Under PM Jan dhan yojana the total of 20.40 crores account holders will get benefit of Rs.500 per month.
- By MNREGA scheme the wages are increased to Rs.20 , give benefit to near about 13 crore families.
- The people having wages less than Rs 15,000 per month will get an extra 24% paid into their PF accounts.
- Widows and People with special needs will be paid an amount of Rs.1000 for three months.
Other benefits of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana :
Due to this corona virus pandemic a sum of Rs. 50 lakh will be provided to the persons given below;
- Safai Karmacharies appointed by state or central government.
- Asha workers
- Ward boys
- Technicians under health department
- Other health workers
Visit to your local block office for more details about Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana .