MSc full form is Master of Science and it is a postgraduate degree course in some specialised science subjects. These science subjects are Physics, chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Bio Technology, Micro biology, in the field of agriculture and many more. Here in this article you will find more details about MSc Full Form, Msc Syllabus, Eligibility, Top colleges and Top Msc Exams.
Table of Contents:
- What is MSc Full Form ?
- Key Highlights of MSc
- MSc Eligibility criteria
- MSc Syllabus and Subjects list
- Top MSc examinations
- Top MSc Colleges in India
- Types of MSc Courses
- Different Specialisations of MSc Courses
- Career Opportunities after MSc (Master of Science)
- MSc Salary options
What is MSc Full Form and What its means ?
MSc full form is Master of Science, it means to become mastery in any specialised field of science. Basically the students after completing graduation in the field of science go for MSc degree. But not always it is applicable. Some Arts background students who have done their graduation in the subjects like Mathematics (One of the Arts Subject) can also eligible to do master degree in the field of mathematics or in math subjects .
Generally MSc ( Master of Science) is a post graduate degree for the period of two years. The candidates who want to make their career in the field of teacher-ship, lectureship and in the field of Research line can choose this course.
MSc is a course which can be done both in Regular or Distance mode. Many universities are providing master of science degree in Regular 2 years course or Some deemed universities also providing this course in distance mode. MSc full form, Syllabus, course duration, top exams and other key Highlights are given below;
Key Highlights of MSc ( Master of Science) :
|MSc Full Form||Master of Science|
|Type of Degree||Post Graduate Degree|
|Duration of MSc||Two years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must complete Undergraduate in Science Subjects|
|Type of Entry||Spot Admission along with Entrance Exams|
|Top Entrance Exams||IIT JAM, IIT, DUET, NEST|
|MSc Fees||Rs.20,000 to Rs.80,000|
|MSc Salary||Rs. 5,00,000 to Rs. 10,00,000|
MSc Full Form -MSc Eligibility Criteria :
The candidates who want to purse MSc , they must have completed undergraduate courses in science subjects. As per MSc Full Form – Master of Science , it is clear that the candidates must have a Bachelors degree in the field of science. Some of the basic eligibility criteria are given below
- The candidates must have completed BSc or Bachelor of Science or an undergraduate course with science subjects .
- They must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate mark in their Bachelors degree .
- Candidates must have done Bachelors degree from any recognised universities in Science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology or Geology or any other science subjects
- Generally there is no age limit for taking admission in MSc .
- Some top level colleges and universities demand a entrance exam for taking admission. You can visit their official websites for further information.
Top MSc Exams :
MSc Full Form – Master of Science .There are some top level exams conducted for MSc admission and the candidates must have to qualify these exams for taking admission to these universities. Some of the MSc Exams are given below;
- IIT JAM ( Joint Admission to MSc) – It is a top level entrance exam conducted to select the candidates for different IITs and IISC.
- NITs ( National Institute of Technology) and CFTIs ( Centrally Funded Technical Institute) – These institutes also take the students from this IIT JAM entrance exam.
- NEST (National Entrance Screening Test ) – This exam is conducted for the MSc students to take admission into different NISERs ( National Institution of Science Education and Research)
- DUET ( Delhi University of Entrance Test ) – This Msc entrance test is conducted for the students to take admission into the Delhi Universities for different science subjects.
MSc Full Form: Types of MSc Courses:
MSc full form is Master of Science and this Master Degree program has many specialisations . The different types of MSc courses in specialisation are given below
- MSc in Physics
- MSc in Chemistry
- MSc in Mathematics
- MSc in Computer Science
- MSc in Bio Technology
- MSc in Micro Biology
- MSc in Applied Physics
- MSc in Bioinformatics
Career opportunities after Post Graduates degree MSc. :
As per MSc full form it is clear that, it is post graduate degree in the field of Science subjects. The post graduates have many career options after MSc. Some of the career options are given below
- Science Teachers in Government and Private Schools
- Lectures of Top colleges
- Research Fellow
- Scientists of BARC and others
- Mathematician and many more