ED full form is Enforcement Directorate. It is a government agency that fights for the economic frauds happened within and outside of India. Enforcement Directorate (ED Full Form) was established in the year 1956. The Head Quarter of ED is in New Delhi, India.
Key Highlights on Enforcement Directorate ( ED Full Form) :
The enforcement directorate has the power to resolve any issues or crimes that are based on economy. ED has its own courts and has its own tribunals. The department is under the Ministry of Finance , Government of India and it is under the control of Revenue Department.
The Enforcement Directorate has two main subjects these are, ED is responsible for all issues under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA). This Act is formed in the year 1999. And the most important purpose of the Enforcement Directorate (ED Full Form) is to stop any kind of Money Laundering . This is under the Money Laundering Act (MLA)The of 2002.
If anything fraud happens against the economic of India, the Enforcement Directorate-ED has the power to make trial on them who indulge in the case. This requires no permission , they have the special power.
The ED has 10 Zonal Centres and 11 Sub -Zonal Centres. Zonal Centres of Enforcement Directorate is headed by the Deputy Directors of the department and Sub-Zonal offices are headed by the Assistant Directors.
Read More : SEBI Full Form : Powers and Functions
Top Functions of Enforcement Directorate (ED) Acts:
The Enforcement Directorate has some special functions and all of them related to the economy of India. Some of the functions are given below;
- The persons who have violated the provisions under the Foreign Exchange Management ACT (FEMA) and Money Laundering Act (MLA) should be traced and actions taken on them.
- People who have violated the foreign currency racketeering, failed to realize the export and import foreign revenues will be punished according to the FEMA which is mentioned in 1999 FEMA Act.
- Some of the violations of these acts are Fraud transactions, export and import fraud, bank fraud, and other frauds that related to money.
- First the Enforcement Directorate (ED Full Form) must have collect all the informations regarding these above mentioned frauds. Then ED will try to disseminate these issues.
- People will be punished under the Money Laundering Acts if they are indulge in money laundering or frauds related to money within India .
5 Regional Offices of ED :
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has 5 regional offices and these offices are in charge of Special Directors of Enforcements. These are
Zonal Offices of ED :
The Deputy Directors or the Joint Directors of Enforcement Directorate (ED Full Form) are in charge of the Zonal Offices. These offices are located in various states these are
Additional Read : Jennifer Lawrence Height, Age, Biography, Net Worth