Details about Paracetamol Tablet:
One of the most used medication in day to day life is Paracetamol Tablet. Paracetamol tablet is generally used as fever reducer as well as pain killer. Actually paracetamol can be used in many medical conditions not listed in this medication guide. Paracetamol tablet uses for headache, muscle aches, toothaches, backache, joint pain and menstrual cramps. Generally this paracetamol tablet helps in relieving mild to moderate pain in a proper dosage. Details about paracetamol tablet uses, dosage , side effects and price is given below.
How to use paracetamol tablet ?
Paracetamol is used in many medical conditions such as fever, muscle related pains, muscle aches, toothaches, back pain and joint pain. It is also used in some other pains not mentioned in medication guide. Do not use paracetamol in an over dose it may create malfunction in liver. Always use as per your doctors advice.
Paracetamol is also available in many brands. And is available with combination of the other medicines. Before taking this medicine check other medicine ingredients.
If you have any allergic conditions to paracetamol tablet then ask your doctor before taking .
Generally paracetamol tablet is used after taking food. Otherwise it may create stomach upset. Make sure you have eaten at least small amount of food before taking medicine.
Different forms of Paracetamol :
Paracetamol is available in different forms like oral tablet, chewable tablet and in liquid form. Use these forms as mentioned in medicine guidelines.
- Swallow Oral tablet by mouth after taking a small amount of food.
- Chewable tablet can be chewed thoroughly before swallow it.
- Use Liquid form of paracetamol in a mentioned amount by a dose measuring cup or spoon. Shake the liquid paracetamol before taking it.
Dosage of Paracetamol :
Try to take paracetamol in a proper dosage to avoid any serious side effects. The dosage of paracetamol is given below
- For an adult the maximum dosage is 1ooomg per dose and 4000mg per day. Taking more amount of paracetamol can cause serious damage to liver.
- Always ask your doctor before taking this medication to avoid any malfunctioning.
- If you will find any malfunction or any discomfort then try to avoid taking this medicine and call on doctor immediately.
Side effects :
Paracetamol tablet has less side effect taking in a proper dosage. There are some signs of side effects which are given below
- Swelling of face or lips
- Difficulty in breathing
- Stomach pain
- Stomach pain
- Dark urine or colored stools
- Symptoms of jaundice
If you will find any one of the side effects then stop taking medicine and consult with your doctor.
This tablet is available in a very cheap price.
Tips to be followed :
- Always take paracetamol with food or milk to avoid stomach pain or upset.
- Take in a proper dosage to avoid side effects.
- Do not use this medication for long term as it may affect liver and kidney adversely.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this tablet.
- Talk to your doctor if you have any kidney or liver related disease .
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have any symptoms of side effects or allergic conditions.
The info provided here is only for the basic idea about the paracetamol tablet. Consult with your health care provider before taking this medicine.