Rajiv Gandhi the former Prime minister of India launched a social welfare program as Indira Awas Yojana in 1996. The main flagship of Pradhan Mantri awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) is to provide housing facility for the rural poor resides in India.
At this time this yojana is only for gramin or rural people. Later it was modified in 2015 as ‘Housing for All ‘ by the year 2022 which includes urban poor people. All the details of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin is given below.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) Details :
The main purpose of this PMAYG is to provide financial benefit to some of the weaker sections of the society. So that they can eligible to upgrade their Kutcha or temporary houses to Paucca houses. The main motive of the government is to provide quality houses for respectable personal living in the society.
Features Of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) 2023 Scheme :
The main features of PM Awas Yojana Gramin are
- It provides financial benefit to only people living in rural areas in India except Delhi and Chandigarh.
- Main purpose of this scheme is to eliminate temporary houses by constructing pucca houses.
- Budget of this scheme is 81,975 crore Indian rupees.
- PMAYG aims to build near about 4 crore houses in rural areas by 2022.
Benefits Of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojan Gramin 2023 :
This scheme provides a lot of benefits to rural weaker population of India, thees are ;
- This scheme provides a financial benefit of 1.2 Lakh for people living in the plain area.
- A financial benefit of 1.3 Lakh for the people living in hilly area .
- The PMAY house is up to 25 square meters also includes a cooking area.
- LPG gas connection by Ujjwala Yojana.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Toilets are also provided .
- Electricity connection by Soubhagya Yojana.
- An additional benefit of loan up to Rs.70,000 is available for construction.
- The interest rate of the loan is provided with a 6. 50% per annual with a tenure up to 20 years.
- Senior citizens and the differently-abled persons are provided with extra subsidy.
Eligibility Criteria For PMAYG 2023 :
The eligibility criteria for PM awas yojana gramin are generally prepared from the data which are collected from SECC , that includes
- Schedule Castes ( SC) and Schedule Tribes (ST) are included to this scheme.
- Minorities under Below Poverty Line ( BPL )
- Poor Labourers.
- Others under ex- servicemen
Documents Required To Apply PMAY Gramin 2023:
The documents required to apply Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG );
1. Application Form :
Application Form which is duly signed by the authority.
2. ID Proofs :
Adhar card, Voter ID, Driving license
3. Address Proof Documents :
Adhar card, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID, Electricity bill, Water supply bill etc
4. Income Proof Document :
Income certificate issued by Tahasildar or equivalent. In case of salaried then collect 6 month salary slip or bank statement of last 6 months. For self- employed, Income Tax return of last 2 financial years.
Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin 2023 if you fulfill the above criteria. Don’t loose this opportunity, live a quality live.
You may read Best courses after 12th commerce
Also read Career options after 10th in science
Read More : Click here