The NEET full form is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is an medical entrance test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). This NEET exam is carried out for the candidates who want to join the medical course in different medical institutions of India. In this article you will find NEET full form, what NEET means, NEET syllabus, eligibility criteria and details about exam pattern.
What is NEET Full form and What it means ?
NEET is a National level single entrance test conducted by NTA for the candidates who are aspiring to join the different medical courses. So NEET full form is National Eligibility Cum Entrance test carried out from the year 2020. The candidates who want to join the undergraduate or post graduate medical courses must qualify the NEET exam.
Previously before 2020, there are a number of Entrance Test conducted by different medical institutions for the entry of students. After that all the medical institutions are joined together to carry out an single entrance test replacing the multiple types of eligibility tests for the students Previously this medical entrance exam is known as All India Pre-Medical Test) . Here National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET full form) is a single entrance exam conducted in offline mode through pen and paper.
NEET Eligibility Criteria: (Updated 2023)
The candidates who want to appear the NEET exam must be some eligibility requirements , these are given below
- The aspiring candidates must have a minimum qualification of 12th from any recognised board or council.
- Candidates must have completed 12th in science subjects.
- They must have completed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as one of the major subject.
- Candidates must be an Indian Citizen.
- The candidates must be more than 17years age to take admission.
- They must have minimum 50% aggregate marks in 12th
- Candidates from backward classes have minimum 40% aggregate mark in the 12th
Role of NEET exam:
This National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test ( NEET full form) is a national level test that finds out the candidates who are eligible to join the medical courses. These medical courses may be the undergraduate courses like MBBS, BDS, Ayush courses, Nursing courses, and other medical courses. This exam is very popular and transparent that conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) .
NEET Exam Pattern : (Updated 2023)
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance test conducted once in a year . Details exam pattern is given below;
- Offline Exam
- Exam based on Pen and Paper
- OMR based exam Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- The duration of Exam is 3 hours and 20 minutes
- Medium of exam – English , Hindi, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi, Telegu, Kannada, Urdu, Malayalam etc
- Total Marks is 720
- Negative Marking is allowed for each wrong answer.
The candidates who want to join the medical institutions for different types of medical courses like MBBS, BDS and other courses must have to go through the NEET syllabus from the official website. You can click here for the official website. The syllabus are given below
|Physics||50 Questions||180 Marks|
|Chemistry||50 Questions||180 Marks|
|Botany||50 Questions||180 Marks|
|Zoology||50 Questions||180 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions||Total 720 Marks|
Additional Read : Click HereHere